Tell us a bit about yourself before downloading the complete slide deck.
Five months ago, our CEO Laurent was asked by the Global Workspace Association (GWA) to host a webinar that shared Pacific Workplaces’ (PAC), our sister company, best practices on financial metrics. This was the GWA webinar with the largest audience in recent memory. Multiple follow up questions lead us to update and expand the presentation and post it here for the benefit of CloudVO partners and friends.
This slide deck is more comprehensive than the original webinar whose recording can be streamed from the GWA member portal (you need to be a GWA member to do this). In particular, we added a few slides in response to CloudVO partner questions on staff resources associated with supporting Virtual Offices and on event metrics.
Using data from Pacific Workplaces and Nextspace Coworking, the webinar treated the following topics:
- What a healthy coworking P&L looks like
- How to use P&L to communicate the counter-cyclical nature of some of your lines of business to landlords
- Meaningful coworking revenue & occupancy metrics
- How to optimize the relationship between occupancy and pricing power
- Full-time office space occupancy metrics
- Revenue per occupied square foot metrics
- Revenue breakdown by line of business
- Operating expense metrics and benchmarks
- How the P&L of a private office dominated coworking operation differs from a community-oriented coworking operation
- Service package metrics
- Virtual Office count and revenue
- Staff resources needed to support the PAC Virtual Office business
- Profitability of the Virtual Office Business
- How to use the data when managing your coworking operation
Since the webinar, we added a few slides that address the following issues in more depth:
- Identifying and tracking coworking events metrics
- Staff resources and cost of supporting VO plans
This latter point is also developed in more detail in Step 5 of the free downloadable guide on ‘How To Build A Healthy Virtual Office Business.